Just like the name Elevated AND Rooted implies, everything is connected. To transcend and soar to new heights in the sky, we must be powerfully and deeply grounded, steadfast the entire way.
I hope this brief mind-dump illuminates and strengthen the Three Key Relationships of life: you with yourself, you with others, and you with life itself. Ultimately, you will be smacked upside the head with a profound realization: these Three Key Relationships are simply equal slices of the one delicious pie of LIFE.
Here is what you need to know, feel, and express every waking minute. And do it while you are sleeping too 😉 This is laying the foundation for the deep dive into our Last Day on Earth. Before we get all self-centered like Western society does, we need to zoom out and blow our own minds by focusing on the greater view.
- Everything in life is connected: WATCH
- You are an incredibly powerful force of life.
- You come from nothing, and you will go back into nothing.
- Life is a miracle: READ
- Life is a gift.
- The fact that we even exist is mindblowing. Wait, is that a fact? 🙂
- Life is a beautiful, magical mystery.: WATCH
- Your life was made possible by explosive stellar death: WATCH
- You are a giant remix of life, there are no self-made men. You are the result of billions of years of cosmic collaboration: WATCH
- The universe is in transformation, always. So are you, get used to it!
- You are here because your genes, your human body, your spirit survived and/or was chosen worthy of existing (by the force of evolution or by spirit, you decide). Either way, you are logically here to give something back for the species and the universe.
So, what the EFF do I do about this?
- WATCH: Shots of Awe, Jason Silva. Cosmos, Neil DeGrasse Tyson. One Strange Rock, Will Smith. Interstellar. Watch anything on Gaia
- Spark your curiosity and rapture each day. Do a few minutes or research or appreciation on something in nature that you overlook each day and take for granted. A rose, a hummingbird, how clouds form, why there is wind, do fish have ears? Get involved in life. Stop overlooking what you don’t understand. The point is not to remember everything. The point is to find out that everything is infinitely complex and magical, just like you, and to remember that everything is a unique expression of the force of life. Allow your mind to be blown that these seemingly inanimate objects simply turned out a little different, and actually not so different, than the human being that you are.
- Choose a touchpoint in nature or life to ask yourself one meaningful question. For example, every time I see the moon, I ask myself, “Hey Connor, how are you truly experiencing life right now?” It is an honest touchpoint that reminds me to enjoy the ride of life. Is yours the sunset? Every red light in traffic? Each time you eat a meal? CHOOSE AN “ENJOY THE RIDE OF LIFE” TRIGGER!
- Download Skyguide or Skyview: Augmented reality app to learn about the nightsky. Know which planets are around you. It makes life fun.
When you think you are nothing, remember you are everything. When you feel closed off, remember your inner life force yearns for expansion. When your head is spinning, remember that that the Earth is simultaneously catapulting through space at 70,000 miles per hour and spinning at 1,000 miles per hour. When shit hits the fan, remember that galaxies are colliding above you and stars are exploding. Remember that in order for there to be darkness and destruction, there must also be light and creation.
It is no coincidence the HEART can be spelled from EARTH. Get connected to life, your life, everything in life. Open your hand, open your heart, open your mind, and join us all in this long walk home together.
NOW that you are feeling humbled by something you can hardly fathom, let’s shift our mind to a human concept. Death. Specifically, YOUR DEATH.